Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Walk in the Park

I apologise by the lack of posts recently... I was somewhat perturbed by some abusive anonymous posts. Now the culprit has been identified, I can continue safe in the knowledge that no-one of any important is reading my most private divulgences. However, if you're looking for passionate physical relations, consumption of mind-altering substances, and heavy music, this is probably not the post for you. But, oh dedicated (and rather small) following, sit tight, for I promise to get laid as soon as possible, and I might even have a shandy or two tonight, with Andy Williams on in the background.

On Sunday, Dan, Lieven and I went out to explore the locale. The 13e arondissement was buzzing with people selling their old crap in a neighbourhood bric-a-brac sale that covered several streets. There wasn't much of interest, apart from a couple of glasses that I picked up for 90c. I trust they will be well-used over the next twelve months. The street sale was spiced up a bit by the bizarre sight and sound of some traditional French musicians (see left).

We then experienced some culture at a local art gallery, which was basically someone's house. A pleasant lady explained the processes involved at great length; I expect we understood less than half of what she said between us, but we nodded and smiled encouragingly.

After lunch at a local café (where, after a misunderstanding, they took us to be stupid, and spoke at us loudly in English), we went to visit a few local parks, since it was Paris's Fete de Parcs et Jardins. The main thing the Square René le Gall and the Parc de Choisy had in common was the provision of concrete table tennis tables; I had heard the game has a good following here, but this is just silly!


Now what is going on here? I can only assume that someone didn't get what they wanted for Christmas and wanted to exact their revenge!

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pictures, I like the wirds, and I like the post. I rarely see such great blogs lately. Perhaps I should do some more reading to find out where the best blogs are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home