Sunday, October 02, 2005

Two Nights to remember!

Well, I hope that this post will be more pleasing to those amongst my audience who would prefer my existence in this place to be a little more exciting, and for my online diary to be saucier. Perhaps you would like it to be more akin to the more sordid aspects of Big Brother, or some other similarly ghastly example of popular "entertainment"? Not enough debauchery for you? Well, don't say I don't respond to feedback.
On Wednesday, after diligently completing my post, I went to see the band "Beaubourg" who were absolutely superb! After starting an hour late, things really got going at 10.30pm. I am gradually getting more accustomed to the continental approach to soirées! Beaubourg is a seven-piece band (two of whom I believe are Télécommiens, i.e. from Télécom Paris) consisting of a guitar, keyboard, violin, clarinet, bugle/trumpet, double bass and drums. Their style is something like Fairport Convention meets Bonzo Dog, with a hefty dollop of French chanson thrown in for good measure, and the result was hilarious! At first, I thought it was just a joke, but then I realised that they were rather good, and I had to buy their CD. After they finished, I was invited to drink as much as possible, a task facilitated by the barman's rather relaxed attitude towards charging for drinks. I didn't get much sleep.On Friday, the Bureau Des Elèves (students' union) organised its first major party of the year. Free entry for members (I'd already paid my E80 annual membership subs), and an open bar was only really going to mean one thing: lots of pissed people and a wicked party! I spent a lot of time talking to various French people (many of whom preferred to reply in English, which was a little odd) and loads of Spanish and Italians, and ended up for the second time in a week not getting much sleep. Due to the same person both times, which is promising!
So, I'm sorry that it took me a whole eight days after arriving in a foreign country to get laid, but, as the French say, "c'est la vie"!

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome!

you young people...

It doesn't seem too strenuous on the old work front.

Are you in love?

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go go go go go go RORKEY MY BOY!!!
I apologise for my miserable absence, but can safely say I'm now back to stay - fab news of the SE COUCHEMENT, if that is the correct form of the reflexive EN FRANCAIS (don't have italics on this fucker of a keyboard) - glad youre back to your old Stanshallesque dipsomaniacal ramblings.
PS I couldn't help but notice "to wonder round (sic) Paris" in your epithet, when clearly "to wander" was the gentlemanly (of a man befitting secretary of the Parisian Andy Williams drinking club) verb required... please remember that malleable students of the Queen's language are reading from this drivel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home